Sunday, September 5, 2010

Workplace Communication

Text and Emoticons 
This is a list of common abbreviations & emoticons and their meanings

:)
Moderately Happy
:(
Unhappy
:-)
Happy
>:)
Raised eyebrows
:B
Bucked toothy
:-#
Braces
:P
Slip the tongue
:/ or :\
Unsure
;)
Winking smile
/:)
Raised eyebrow
XD
Major Laughter
:')
Tears of laughter
:-o
Slightly shocked
:D
Very Happy
%(
Cross eyed
B)
Sunnies
:@
Mildly shocked
>:@
Very shocked
:-0
Shocked
(:D
Monobrow smile
8)
Under the influence psylocibins
:-&
Angry
addy
Add
atm
At the moment
brb
Be right back
cuz, bcuz, bcz, bcos, bc, cos, coz or bcoz
Because
bf or b/f
Best friend
bff
Best friend forever
btw
By the way
def
Definitely
4eva or 4evr
Forever
fyi
For you information
frend or frnd
Friend
g2g or gtg
Got to go .
hru
How are you
idc
I don’t care
idk
I don’t know
ily, luv u, ilu, or luv ya
I Love you
imo
In my opinion
imho
In my honest opinion
jks
Jokes
jj
Just joking
kno or noe
Know
lol
Lauging out loud
lmao
Laughing my ass off
lqtm
msg
Message
nm or nvm (depending on context used)
Not (very) much
np
No problem
no tnk u, nty, no ty
No thank you
omg or (comically) zomg
Oh my god 
pos
Piece of shit
plz or plez
Please
probz, prbly, prolly, or prob
Probably
<3 or luv
Love
pce, pece, or \/ (V sign)
Peace
rite
Right
rofl(ol)
Rolling on the floor laughing(out loud)
roflmao or rotflmao
Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
cya, cu, or cya/cu l8er/l8a
See you later
sry, "soz", or "sori"
Sorry
ttyl
Talk to you later
ttfn
Ta ta for now
ses or sez
Says
txt
Text
thanx, thx, or fnx
Thanks
ty or "thnk u"
Thank you
tyvm
Thank you very much
tom, 2moz, 2moro, 2mrw or 2mara
Tomorrow
tbh
To be honest
wat, wut, wht, or wha
What
w/e or wateva

Whatever

Common messages converted to SMS language

You are invited to a pool party and bbq on Saturday 21st February to celebrate Steve’s birthday. The party will start at 3pm. Please bring your bathers, towels and other swimming gear. If possible please also bring a salad or drinks. Ay man come 2 mi pool party on sundi 21/2 were havin a piss up 4 stevie’s b’day starts @ 3 bring pool stuff and drinks. Catch.
 
Hi mum, I will be finishing classes today at 4:30pm. Can I go shopping with Loulou at Highpoint after class? I will catch the bus home at 8pm. Is this okay? Ay mum can i go 2 the shops aftr class @ half past 4. Ill b home by 8.
 
I have found that book that you said I should read. I bought it today when it was on special for only $25. I started reading it, you are right it is really good. I’ll talk to you more about it when I have finished it. Yo dude i found the book u were talking about. It goes alright. I found it 4 only 25 bux ill let u know wat i think when im done

Do you want to go to the movies with me tonight to see Gone With the Wind? JP is coming too. We are going to meet at the front of the cinema at 7:00pm and we can get something to eat then because the movie doesn’t start until 8:30. Oi come 2 the movies 2nite were seein gone with the wind. Starts @ 8:30 but meet me n jp out the front @ 7 for some eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment